The focus is on Weymouth and Portland in 'Bodies and Buddies'
- We are looking at the rumours about the burial of hundreds of US troops killed in training in the days before D-Day. An eyewitness to the landing of the bodies tells all
- Lord Dannatt, former Chief of the British Army and founder of Help for Heroes talks about the composition of an invasion force
- Historian and author Peter Caddick-Adams tells us about the Yanks who became buddies and sets the scene locally before D-Day. See Penguin Books website for more information about Peter Caddick-Adams
- Les Sullivan of the Nothe Fort talks about the macabre duty of the Weymouth fishing fleet
- Stephen George of the Portland D-Day Centre on the vital importance of the Mulberry Harbour
- The irrepressible Poppy Butcher talks about singing for the US troops and her job at Portland Dockyard at the age of 15
See also our first D-Day Special