The not for profit,
volunteer run,
Community
Radio Station
from Dorchester, covering central-southern Dorset

listen-live-online-button.-Player-opens-in-a-new-window
KeeP 106 logo
Slider

Ten Fire appliances tackle heath fire in Puddletown

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service sent ten appliances to a heath fire in Puddletown on Sunday afternoon (26th April) .

Crews from Bere Regis, Dorchester, Weymouth, Wareham, Hamworthy, Wimborne and Poole were amongst those to tackle the heath and gorse fire in Puddletown Forest that is believed to have been caused by a BBQ.

Andy Cole, Area Manager, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, said on twitter:  “Please keep following government guidance and only go outdoors when necessary, this will help us prevent these damaging, resource intensive fires starting.”

DW Fire Control added: “This is an example of why we are urging people NOT to have bonfires.  They quickly spread in this current dry weather”

PICS: @DWFireRescue

heath fire 2Heath fire 3Heath fire 4 Heath Fire 1

Share this page