With various retailers now re-open and new health and safety measures put in place, Dorchester’s Brewery Square is helping advise shoppers how to make the most of their shopping day out.
Charlotte Spracklen, centre manager at Brewery Square, told KeeP 106: “We know many people will be looking forward to spending a day out at their local shopping areas after many months of lockdown. At Brewery Square, we have implemented various health and safety measures to ensure people can have an enjoyable but safe shopping experience.
“In addition, we wanted to suggest a few things shoppers could do to really make the most of their visit!”
1. Have a rough plan for where you want to shop. Many stores will be implementing social distancing measures, so planning ahead will help avoid any unnecessary journeys and also save time.
2. Take a look online first. It’s a great idea to have a pre-trip browse on retailer websites in the comfort of your own home to see what’s on offer – whether it’s a 50% off sale, or simply having a peek at the latest Autumn/Winter lines to give you an idea of what to seek out on your trip.
3. Pack a mini hand sanitiser. There will be sanitising stations available on site and in shops, however it’s useful having extra resources to hand in case you want to top up on-the-go.
4. Tie in non-shopping related activities. Why not take a walk around the area before or after you’ve visited your favourite shops? Having a change of scenery from your usual exercise hotspots will do wonders and you may even discover something new.
5. Keep the kids safe and entertained with simple games. Shopping with children can be tricky at the best of times and new health and safety measures may reduce the amount of entertainment on offer. Try keeping children amused, while ensuring they stay close and safe as you shop by introducing some games. This could be anything from giving them their own illustrated shopping list to tick off items, to challenging them to guess the price of items before you buy.
Brewery Square has implemented various essential new health and safety measures for retailer re-openings, including placing sanitising stations and 2 metre distancing floor stickers around the site, as well as providing PPE equipment to staff, retailers, and contractors. Re-opening dates for retailers at Brewery Square are being led by Government advice and may be subject to change, with restaurants currently working to a different Government timetable and more information about their re-opening plans due to be provided in due course. For more information about Brewery Square, please visit www.brewerysquare.com