The not for profit, volunteer run, Community
Radio Station from Dorchester, covering Central-Southern Dorset

The not for profit, volunteer run, Community
Radio Station from Dorchester, covering Central-Southern Dorset

KeeP 106 logo
listen-live-online-button.-Player-opens-in-a-new-window

The not-for-profit, volunteer run, Community Radio Station from Dorchester serving Central-Southern Dorset

previous arrow
next arrow
Full screenExit full screen
Slider

Wareham fire crews respond in Stoborough

Crews from Wareham fire station were sent to an alarm activating in a property on Corfe Road shortly after midday today (Sunday).

The alarm was heard by a member of the public who called 999.

When crews arrived, they had discovered that the occupier of the property had gone out and left cooking unattended on the hob.

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue wish to remind us of the essential fire safety advice to keep you and loved ones safe and well.

In the kitchen: don’t leave pans unattended while cooking and never leave children and pets in the kitchen alone. Keep cooking areas clear from combustible materials, like tea towels, oven gloves and food packaging. Clean your oven and grill regularly. A build-up of fat and grease can cause a fire. Ditch the chip pan!

Smoke alarms save lives, but only if they are working. You should have at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home. Remember to test them at least monthly.

Check electrical items are in good working order. If they appear damaged, wires are frayed, do not use them. Don’t leave washing machines, tumble dryers or dishwashers running overnight. Don’t overload plug sockets. Keep heaters well away from clothes, curtains, furniture and other flammable materials. Never use heater to dry clothes. Make sure they are switched off and unplugged before you go to bed or leave the house.

Image relevant to this news item