Just after 01:00 this morning (Wednesday) a fire crew from Dorchester station was sent to a property fire in The Moor, Puddletown.
When the crew arrived they discovered a well established fire that had originated in the kitchen and was spreading rapidly.
The occupant of the house was safely outside.
Crews from Bere Regis Fire Station were also on scene. Two teams were sent in with breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire.
The fire and rescue service are reminding residents to test your smoke alarms to make sure they’re in good working condition.