A programme of walks, branded ‘self-care stomps’ are the leading the way to emotional wellbeing at Thorncombe Woods this autumn.
Local therapist Emma Pritchard is using the Dorset County Council owned Thorncombe Woods as the perfect location to hold monthly walks to encourage wellbeing and mindfulness. ... read more
A West Dorset smallholder has been ordered to pay £530 and is banned from keeping poultry and pigs for ten years after causing unnecessary suffering to chickens following a court hearing in Weymouth.
On 17 September 2018, at Weymouth Magistrates’ Court, Richard Thomas Hansford, ... read more
The Dorset History Centre has been announced as a National Archives finalist in a digital preservation award.
It’s one of four shortlisted for Safeguarding the Digital Legacy.
Much of Dorset’s history is recorded on paper and photographs which are at risk of deterioration, but information held in ... read more
Volunteers are needed to help Dorset County Council’s trading standards run test purchasing exercises.
Some products are age restricted to buy, such as cigarettes and alcohol. Trading standards are responsible for making sure retailers know all about these laws and do not sell these products to ... read more
Recent news items
Please refresh your browser for the latest info
Latest in Listen Again
Please leave a comment if you wish. The number of comments is shown next to the item heading.
KeeP 106’s programme schedule
Browse the full schedule here
A varied selection of programming includes:
- Vast range of popular music
- Big bands, Brass bands and Jazz
- Classical music
- Modern worship music
- Specialist music programmes
- Feature/magazine programmes
- Interviews and reports on local topics
- Travel & weather
- Live broadcasts from local events
How you can support us
(see below for more details)
- Become a Friend Of KeeP106
- Volunteer to help run the station
- Advertising and Sponsorship
How can KeeP 106 help your small business
- By advertising or sponsoring a programme you can make local listeners aware of what you have to offer.
What will it cost?
- Our rates are very attractive. Please contact us for more details.
- You will also be supporting a not-for-profit company that will, in turn, support local organisations and charities.
- If you have a not-for-profit event taking place locally, we will promote it free of charge in our What’s On diary.
If you would like to become a member of KeeP 106 please download the membership form which you can print, fill in and return to us. Your membership fee contributes towards the substantial running costs of the community radio station.
We need many volunteers including presenters, technicians, production assistants, fundraisers and local event reporters. Full training will be provided for the roles of presenter and technician. If you are interested please get in touch.
We also need advertisers and programme sponsors. If you are a local business and would be interested in advertising on, or sponsoring the new community radio station for Dorchester, or would like to be involved with the station in some way, please get in touch.
We are grateful to our growing list of supporters below
Clicking on a logo below will open the website of that particular organisation or company