Local World 17th August 2018
August 17, 2018
In this edition of Local World Jenny Devitt talks to Martin Clunes about Buckham Fair on Sunday, a warning about the unpleasant Asian hornet, advance information about an open air production of Conan-Doyle’s The Hound of The Baskervilles, and centenarian Ian Templar continues his reminiscences of the Swordfish airplane from WW2.
Ridgeway Magazine 8th August 2018
August 15, 2018
- Local democracy reporter explains the changes on the local government front when Weymouth, Portland and Dorchester become a Unitary Authority…what does it mean for ratepayers?
- What should I do about my frazzled lawn? Leave it alone! advises our gardening expert.
- John visits Gibraltar where the pillar boxes are red and the police still wear helmets.
- Small shops are suffering but Broadwey Village Stores re-invented itself when all seemed to be lost.
- With 3,500 new homes mooted for Dorchester, how to get on the housing ladder. Shared ownership might be the answer.
- About half-a-million UK drivers will face prosecution in France this year. The jolly gendarmes are waiting with a mass of new rules…be prepared and learn about them before travelling.